My Favorite Cinnamon Rolls

I know...it's January and everyone's dieting. But every now and then you just need a sweet treat! This is my very favorite Cinnamon Roll recipe. I actually had it for my birthday treat last month. My husband and 11 year old daughter made them and they turned out great, even though they made them way differently than I normally do. I've made this one several ways, I've made it into two dozen rolls, 1 dozen rolls and the original recipe makes 4 dozen rolls. I don't have a big enough mixer to make it that way though! Give this recipe a try and let me know what you think.




Cinnamon Rolls

1 dozen rolls 

For the dough

1 Tablespoon yeast
7 ounces warm water
3 ounces sugar
1 beaten egg
1/4 cup oil (canola or vegetable)
1/2 Tablespoon salt
2 3/4 cup flour

For the Filling

1 Cups Brown Sugar
1 Tablespoons Cinnamon
1/4 cup butter, softened



Proof the yeast in the warm water with the sugar for 10 minutes. I use the bowl of my stand mixer with a lid. When the yeast has grown and is bubbly add the egg, and oil, mix until combined. Add the flour and salt and mix until combined and the mixture forms a ball, if you need to add more flour to get the dough to form a ball then add it half a cup at a time. Allow the dough to raise in a warm place until doubled in size (45 minutes to an hour). Roll the dough out on a floured surface. Mix the brown sugar and cinnamon together. Spread with the butter, and brown sugar/cinnamon mixture. Cut into rolls. I usually roll it into a tube and then slice with my serrated knife. Allow to rise again, until rolls are doubled.

Bake at 400 degrees for 10-12 minutes, until the rolls are brown and fragrant.

Frost with your favorite frosting. I prefer a buttercream. Here's what I use.

Buttercream Frosting

3 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup softened butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1-2 Tablespoons milk 

Cream the butter and sugar. Add the vanilla and enough milk to make the frosting easily spreadable.








I'm going to include measurements for the 2 and 4 dozen variations as well. The method is the same.

2 Dozen Rolls

For the Dough

2 Tablespoons yeast
1 3/4 cup warm water
14 ounces sugar
2 beaten eggs
1/2 cup oil
1 Tablespoon salt
5 1/4 cups flour

For the Filling

2 Cups Brown Sugar
2 Tablespoons Cinnamon
1/2 cup butter

4 Dozen Rolls (You may need to adjust the cinnamon sugar/butter amounts)

For the Dough

4 Tablespoons yeast
3 1/2 cup warm water
3/4 cup sugar
3 beaten eggs
1 cup oil
2 Tablespoon salt
10 1/2 cup flour

For the Filling

4 cups brown sugar
4 Tablespoons cinnamon
1 cup butter

Labels: , ,