Favorite Friday - This is the Place Heritage Park

I'm going to use some of my Favorite Friday posts to talk about the fun that my family and I are having during this summer. I'm hoping you can take some of my ideas and use them with your own family to have some fun.


Today I'm going to talk about This is the Place Heritage Park . It's a place located in Salt Lake City, UT that kind of talks about the history of Utah and how things were when the pioneers came. I love that many of the buildings that were there are actual buildings that have been moved and reassembled in the park. 

There are all kinds of fun things to do. You can go in the buildings and there are people in them, dressed as pioneers, willing to tell you how life was during pioneer times. One of our kid's favorite buildings to go in is the school. It's so much fun to hear how the school would have been. The discussion goes over how the kids would have learned with grades 1 to 8 in the same room, what the discipline would have been like (some of those were really funny), and the Deseret Alphabet. You can also walk on stilts, play with the ring and stick (I have no idea what that's called), do the laundry or plow the fields. Kids love doing this kind of thing!

There's a petting zoo filled with things like goats, and sheep. And even pony rides for kids. There's a splash pad to play when it's hot, panning for gold, and a little city full of child size houses and trains to play in. And I forgot to mention the trains. They have several that circle the city, you can jump on and off and listen to the tour as you ride. And there is even a small train that circles a pond.   

There is also a restaurant. You can get hamburgers, hot dogs, grilled cheese, salad and ice cream there. And they also make their own delicious donuts. 

This is such a fun place to spend time! We usually go there at least one time a summer. We went this year on the free day, but it would be more fun on a day when there aren't so many people everywhere. 

This post is in no way sponsored, all opinions are my own.

Labels: , ,