Favorite Friday - Spring Break Fun

Well, it's Thursday and I already have a book review scheduled for tomorrow, so let's do a Favorite Friday post! 


I wanted to tell you a little about what we did and where we went for our Spring Break last week. We had intended to go on a trip, but the Hubby's work schedule wouldn't permit that this time. So we decided to have fun where we live. Quite honestly, we didn't do something every single day and that worked out really well for us. It gave us some down time and let us get some projects (read AP studying) done at home.

We, of course, spent one morning at SeaQuest. I love that with the season pass, you can get in before everyone else and for this whole week, they opened for pass holders at 9 am. There was not a line at all when we showed up at 9:30, but when we left at 11:30, the line was out into the mall. I should have taken a picture of that, because it's the first time I've seen it like that, but I didn't think about it until right now. I did take a few other pictures that day. One thing that was kind of fun about going this time was that our little guy was braver, maybe because his older sisters were there, but he actually reached out to touch a sting ray and he really loved the iguanas this time too! We had so much fun at SeaQuest again! It doesn't seem to get old.

One of the days we went to Heber/Midway. We stopped at our favorite burger joint, Dairy Keen Home of the Train. I don't know if you like burger joints, but this is one of the very best. We love their whole train theme from the Train Burger to the decor and you really need to try their shakes! They have so many flavors and everyone that I've tried has been amazing. This time I had a Cake Batter, Hubby had Pina Colada and the kids almost always get Cookie Dough. The shakes are above the rim and just heavenly. We usually just get a small, it seems to be plenty of ice cream! Here's a picture I found on their FaceBook page, because I didn't take any pictures this day.

After Dairy Keen, we made at stop at Mrs. Calls, you can see my review here. This time we bought a large tub of the MIlk Chocolate Sea Salt Caramel's (my fav) and a new variety the cinnamon caramels. These are some that just happened to be on the shelf, you can't normally buy them. But I was thrilled to be able to try some samples of them and buy one. Did I mention you can have as many samples as you want??? So yummy!


Then we headed to Midway. We didn't do anything terribly special in Midway. We showed our kids the Midway Memorial Hill, but it was closed so we couldn't drive up it. Then we went over to The Homestead to show them the Crater. It's a big mound that has a hot pot inside that has great swimming temperatures. You can also snorkel or scuba dive in it. It looks like a lot of fun, but it's not something we've actually ever tried. We climbed the 87 stairs to the top of the mound and
just wandered around the Homestead. There wasn't a whole lot going on there, but we did find a duck pond with a bunch of greedy fish and some ducks. It was a pleasant afternoon.   

I was not compensated in any way for this post. This was all my own ideas and opinions.

Labels: , , , , , ,