Spelled

About the book: Fairy Tale Survival Rule #32: If you find yourself at the mercy of a wicked witch, sing a romantic ballad and wait for your Prince Charming to save the day.

Yeah, no thanks. Dorthea is completely princed out. Sure being the crown princess of Emerald has its perks—like Glenda Original ball gowns and Hans Christian Louboutin heels. But a forced marriage to the brooding prince Kato is so not what Dorthea had in mind for her enchanted future.

Talk about unhappily ever after. 

Trying to fix her prince problem by wishing on a (cursed) star royally backfires, leaving the kingdom in chaos and her parents stuck in some place called "Kansas." Now it's up to Dorthea and her pixed off prince to find the mysterious Wizard of Oz and undo the curse...before it releases the wickedest witch of all and spells The End for the world of Story.

My review: This is a book that's been on my to be read shelf for a really long time. I'm kind of sad that I waited so long to read it. It's a really fun one!

I loved the way this book combines tons of fairy tales in very nontraditional ways. It was kind of a bit discombobulated, bouncing around from this fairy tale to that one and then another one and back again. But I loved the way that the whole thing was just fun. I loved Dorthea and I loved her clever "swears," they made me laugh every time.

I loved that Dorthea left chaos in her wake with every turn. I loved the way she was loyal and pretty much just expected that everyone else around her would be too, until they proved that they weren't. I guess that's called being naive, but I don't necessarily think that it's a bad thing to always be thinking the best of everybody.

One of my very favorite parts of this story was that Dorthea started out pretty much a spoiled brat princess, but as the story went on, she realized pretty fast that the world didn't revolve around her and that sometimes other people or even duty needed to come before oneself.

If you're looking for a fun, cute story for you or your teen to read, look no further than this one, you won't be disappointed!

I was able to borrow this book from my local library.

Labels: , ,