Sweet Confections

About the book: According to Rachel Marconi chocolate heals all wounds. That and throwing darts at pictures of her ex-boyfriend. Burned by yet another bad relationship, Rachel decides to reprioritize her life, putting her dream to compete on a Food Network Challenge on the top of her list and dating at the bottom crossed out in red sharpie.

But what's a girl to do when a certain sexy guy keeps asking her out?

Cue in Graydon Green, a former pro hockey player turned restaurant owner. After a lot of persistent and humorous teasing, he finally convinces Rachel to commit to a date. Just when things begin to warm up, threatening notes directed at Rachel arrive. When her bakery is vandalized, Graydon's protective streak goes on red alert. Is it her obsessive ex-boyfriend stalking her? Or maybe a challenger trying to sabotage the competition?

Either way, Rachel is definitely going to need more chocolate - perhaps drizzled over ice cream and devil's food cake. 

My review: I love this kind of book! It's a cute romance mixed with one of my favorite things: baking and recipes! I also loved the mystery included!

Rachel is a great character. I love her spunk. When she realizes that the man she was dating had a family including a wife in another country she kicks him to the curb and won't listen to his lies about how she's the only one for him. But that all works out, because when she's on that very date she meets Graydon. I loved the way he took care of her when Nico went all crazy after she told him it was over.

I have to admit that I liked Graydon from the start! He's a gentleman, takes care of Rachel like she's a queen and he's great with kids. What more do you need? Well...actually you need chemistry and Rachel and Graydon have tons of that! I love that you see this story through his eyes as well.

Rachel's family is super fun too! I'm including her best friend and co-owner of Sweet Confections, Kristen, and her husband, Todd, in her family. I love the way that Todd takes care of both Kristen and Rachel when she needs someone. Rachel's family is a bit obsessed with her getting married which becomes really fun when Graydon ends up coming over for one of their big family dinners.

I loved the whole plot. It's cute, romantic, mysterious...and I didn't see the ending coming. Wow! I loved it too!

This book is great! I couldn't put it down from the very beginning!

I got this one as a freebie from Amazon.

Labels: ,