Love Under Construction

About the book: Charlee was angry . . . 

What do you do when your boss makes someone else the lead on a big renovation project that should rightfully be yours? You quit. On second thought, that might not be the best idea, but Charlee Jackson has never been one for second thoughts. Instead, she lands a big contract of her own. She’s jumping into her new life—work boots, tool belt and all. Now she just needs to form a company and hire contractors and buy supplies and get an office . . . and not fall in love with her former boss's son. Yeah. Definitely not that last one.

Peter was torn . . . 

You can’t date someone who works for you, but now that his dad let Charlee walk out the door, Peter Elliot is considering his options. Charlee was their top renovation expert, his best friend’s sister, and the only thing that made the drudgery of running a large construction business bearable. But how do you date a competitor, especially one your father is trying to drive out of business? It would be stupid to make your dad angry right before he retires and hands the company over to you. Right?


When Charlee and Peter are scheduled to work on the same Indulgence Row house, their feelings and priorities are put to the test. They need to make a choice, and they better be quick about it, because the whole mixture is curing fast and threatening to crumble to pieces.

My review: This is a cute romance book! I loved all of it and I can't wait for more of the Indulgence Row series!

This one features Charlee. I love her character, she's a strong young woman who only wants to renovate homes. At the beginning she works for Elliot Homes, but her boss won't allow her to take the lead on any of her projects and he crosses the line when he denies her the lead on one that she finds herself and brings to him. So what does she do? She takes things into her own hands and creates her own company to renovate homes. It's a win win for her, lose the tense office environment, and do what she loves.

Another win turns out to be that the boss' son Peter has had a crush on her for ages and now feels he can actually act on it because they no longer work together. I like Peter too. He's a great guy, always looking out for Charlee. The one thing I didn't really love about this book also has to do with Peter. He and all of his friends are constantly at the bar drinking and their language isn't the best. It isn't horrible, but the language in this one is one reason I won't be passing this one on to my daughter any time soon.

I really liked Charlee's brother Tyler too! I love the way he was constantly watching out for her, protecting her from everyone he could. Peter, their mom (I really loved this part and I'd love to know what happened between them) and anyone else.

And her best friend, Mari, she's awesome! I can't wait to read her story!

This is a cute book that I really enjoyed reading. The plot is clean, except for the language issue. I recommend reading this cute book and really the whole series!

I won an e-copy of this book in New LDS Fiction's Summer Book Trek contest.

Labels: , ,