The Lion House Cookbook

About the book: The Lion House, whose kitchens have continuously produced fantastic home-cooked meals since 1856, now shares more than 500 of its favorite recipes with you. From classics like Lion House Rolls and Sarah's Salad to unique dished such as Chilled Banana Bisque and Nutmeg Spinach Soufflé, there's something here for any appetite—and any level of home cook. And don't forget the desserts! Black Forest Torte, Oatmeal Fudge Bars, Chocolate-Dipped Orange Cookies, Creme Brûlée, Chocolate Cream Cake, English Trifle, Lemon Truffle Pie ... the Lion House has long been known for its delectable desserts, and now you can create them for yourself. Whether it is recreating a favorite dish or starting new family cooking traditions, join the Lion House family as you welcome your own family and friends to your kitchen table with tantalizing aromas and delicious flavors. Happy cooking!

My review: I'm a sucker for great cookbooks! The Lion House is one of my very favorite places to eat in Salt Lake City and I love trying out new recipes so for me this was a no brainer to buy! I've made a few recipes out of this particular book and I was truly impressed. I made some Banana Bars that were out of this world and a recipe for Lemon Bars that is far better than any others I've tried. If you like to cook make sure to check out this great book!

I bought my own copy of this book, all opinions are my own.

About the Lion House: The Lion House, originally built in the 1850s as a residence for President Brigham Young and his family, has served for decades as a venue where good food served in a historical setting creates memorable occasions. From the Lion House Pantry to the children's party room, the decor and ambiance invite visitors to understand and cherish our pioneer heritage. The delicious, made-from-scratch dishes that have been the hallmark of the Lion House's menus are enjoyed by visitors from all over the world. The building itself was listed on the National Register of Historic Landmarks in 1964 and continues to be a favorite gathering place of dignitaries, families, and anyone who appreciates home-cooked food served with a smile.

Labels: , ,