Skip to main content

Movie Review - Singing with Angels



 Mormon Tabernacle Choir give exclusive access to “Singing with Angels” movie

Salt Lake City (February 18, 2016) The world-renowned Mormon Tabernacle Choir immediately 
recognized by their familiar sight and angelic sound are starring in the upcoming full length movie, Singing with Angels. Although the choir has been featured in documentaries and concert DVDs this is the first time they have participated in a story-driven movie. The full choir is shown in multiple scenes depicting rehearsals and performances. Several choir members fill important roles within the movie.

“This is epic,” said Brian Brough, the film’s director and producer. “Working with the choir has been amazing. We spent weeks reading through true stories that choir members sent us, evaluated each story, and found the ones that could be told on screen and would best fit the story we wanted to share.” 

On March 11th, 2016, be among the first to see the production from Candlelight Media, Singing with Angels, on the Silver Screen. The film opens in Utah first and will then expand to other areas. Filmed on location at the Tabernacle on Temple Square and in conjunction with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, the movie masterfully unites the true and inspiring stories of the choir with the fictional character of Aubrey. 

Through a great collaboration between Candlelight Media, filmmakers, and the choir led by president Ron Jarrett, Singing with Angels is entertainment wrapped in the universal language of music from the iconic Mormon Tabernacle Choir. Along with beautifully woven storytelling and directing, “Singing with Angels is about the journey of one woman who dreams of joining the choir and finding strength through trials and challenges in life,” explains writer Brittany Wiscombe. 

The film is much more than discovering what it is like to be in the choir, “Singing with Angels is a wonderful, inspirational movie. Good for the soul, and uplifting entertainment,” shared one viewer after a special pre-screening in Orlando, FL. For entertainment that can be shared and enjoyed by the whole family, don’t miss Singing with Angels, in theaters March 11.

My review: This is an amazing movie! I wasn't really sure what to expect from it, I wasn't quite sure if it was a documentary of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, or if it was a fictional movie. The only thing I knew was that my family was excited to see it. 

This movie follows a woman named Aubrey as she goes through her journey of getting into the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, it's not a documentary in any way though! I loved that it shows the process of getting into the choir through the eyes of someone fictional.

I loved the opening scene with baby Aubrey and her brother singing to her. It brought tears to my eyes then watching it and again as I'm thinking about it. 

This movie goes back and forth between present day and the past in certain places. I loved the way they did this. It really made it so I thought that I knew what was going on, I had everything figured out, and then it would flashback again and I had another piece to the puzzle that was Aubrey that I didn't even know I was missing.

Aubrey's family was great! I thought her husband and kids were really great, and I loved the way that her older brother was so supportive of her and her family. Her mother-in-law was not my favorite character in the beginning, but by the end, she was pretty okay too. I loved the way this movie showed the evolution of their relationship. 

I don't want to give anything away, but please make sure you have plenty of tissues when you watch this movie. There are several places where I cried, this is a really touching movie. I loved every minute of this movie, I can't wait to watch it again! Make sure you take the time to go see it! 

Check out the movie website for showing locations and all the info you need about the movie.

I was sent a link to watch this movie in exchange for an honest review.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Higher

About the CD: Award-winning tenor Nathan Pacheco has toured the world featured alongside world-class artists such as Yanni, Katherine Jenkins, and Placido Domingo. In all of his travels across South America, through Europe and Asia, and across America, Nathan often includes spiritually rooted and uplifting songs in his repertoire. This album is a collection of his favorite songs that connect with those spiritual moments from his performances across the world. These songs take the listener on a beautiful journey with classic hymns such as "Be Thou My Vision," soaring Italian epics like "Nella Fantasia," and modern classics such as "Forever," by Kari Jobe. Performing with intimate acoustic backing and often featuring piano and cello, Nathan's desire with this album is to help people reach higher, to feel deeper spiritual connection, and to find peace through songs that life the soul.

Track List
1. Forever
2. Be Thou My Vision
3. The Lord’s Prayer
4. His Love

Kayaks and Kisses

About the book: Brynn Caley is about to start her dream career running an outdoor sporting goods store when an out-of-town business guru makes his own offer on the property. Coerced into forming a temporary partnership, Brynn, with her ski experience, finds she has to work with fishing expert Gage to run the year-round shop. 

Through a series of innocent misconceptions and a few blatant lies, Brynn doesn’t realize that the handsome single guy on the construction crew is her new partner, and he doesn’t want to set her straight until he can gain her favor. She, on the other hand, would do anything not to work with the stuffy businessman she’s only met through email. 

Inspired by the movies You’ve Got Mail and The Shop around the Corner, Kayaks & Kisses is a heart-warming tale of finding love in autumn leaves, outdoor activities, and new friendships.

My review: This book was so fun! I loved that it's loosely based on one of my very favorite movies, You've Got Mail. There was at …

Blog Tour - Love and Fat Free Cheese

About the book: Fat-free cheese is okay—unless you’ve tasted real cheese. Juliet Easton learns this about love too as she uncovers who truly loves her, and who is using her to get to the secret she knows about the disappearance of her sister’s fiance and the pharmaceutical conspiracy he plans to reveal. Can she protect her loved ones’ lives and her heart? You’ll be hooked from Asiago to Zamorano cheese in this suspenseful and hilarious romantic thriller.

My review: I was amazed at just how much I loved this whole book. I picked it up and read it in one day because I wanted to know just what happened so badly. Such a great book, and I had to laugh at the author's name, Sharp is a kind of cheddar cheese so it totally goes with the title.

I loved the way that Juliet is the main character in this book, because it easily could have been her sister Eva, I think having Juliet the main character brings a ton of extra plot greatness. I also liked the way there were tons of flashbacks to Eva&…