The Academic Bride

About the book: Early on, Pamela Jones realized she had an unusual talent for putting two people together. Over the years, she's turned it into a successful matchmaking service for the ultra wealthy: Billionaire Marriage Brokers. While she specializes in "business" marriages -- paring people off because of their skills, education, or training -- she can spot a potential love match a mile away. When Pamela has a "good feeling" about a bride and groom - a business marriage can become so much more. 

Janel Fendrick is a go-getter. Her dream of excavating a Mayan temple is within reach -- until the funding is pulled and she's left scrambling for an alternative. Pamela Jones comes along with a proposal...and a groom! Janel hesitates, until she realizes that one year of marriage is a small price to pay to have all her dreams come true. What she doesn't realize, is that she's about to get more than she ever dreamed of.

My review: I'm really loving the premise of this series so far! Billionaire Marriage Brokers seems to be a really distinctive concept. The whole time I was reading about the company I was wondering if there really was such a thing. I tried googling it, but I'm still not sure. Anyway...I loved the whole concept of finding brides to match up with what a billionaire needs. And I really loved the way things worked out for Janel and Nick.

Let me back up. Janel is a hard working college student. She's trying to finish her history degree, but the funding has been cut for her final project. Leaving her scrambling to figure out a way to pay for it herself. Enter BMB. She's matched with Nick and before she even has any idea what BMB is or does, she finds out that she will be marrying him the very next week, and she gets a huge salary that she'll be able to save pretty much all of, because the position as his wife comes with food, a place to stay, clothes, pretty much everything she could ever want.

The one thing for me was the way that marriage in this book is kind of looked on as just a convenience for the parties, not really a way to be in love or have a family. But then I remember arranged marriages, and that they are even still happening in our own country even and it makes me think that if these arranged marriages can be put together by someone that can almost know who will work well together, then why not! 

This is a cute, clean romance that will keep you hooked from the very first page!

I bought a copy of this book from Amazon.

Labels: , ,