Courting Trouble

About the book: Essie Spreckelmeyer just can't quite make herself into the ideal woman her hometown - and her mother - expect her to be. It's going to take an extraordinary man to appreciate her joy and spontaneity - or so says her doting oil-man father. Unfortunately such a man doesn't appear to reside in Corsicana, Texas.

My review: It's really rare for me to be able to re-read books, and I was way excited to be able to re-read this one. This book and it's companion, Deep in the Heart of Trouble, were the first books by Deeanne Gist that I ever read and they made me want to read more and more. They are all really great by the way and clean too, make sure you check them out!

I love the feisty Essie in this book. She's 30 years old and it's starting to seem like she will never marry. But that doesn't mean that she's going into mourning by any means. She's happy to wear her fancy hats, and beautiful dresses and ride all over town on her bicycle. I liked that she makes herself a list of the eligible bachelors in the town, picks one to chase and works hard managing his store and hoping that one day he will see that she is a great choice to marry. It doesn't quite work out that way, and Essie's heart gets broken more than once in this book, but she is able to be happy with her circumstances in the end and she moves on.

This book is Christian romance and very well-written. The characters are fun and spunky. The plot is great, it's clean. It's just all around a great book!

I got this book for free from Amazon on a one day promotion.

Labels: , ,