Skip to main content

Blog Tour - 3000 Miles to Eternity



About the book: Years before online dating became a respectable option, two broken and imperfect souls digitally crossed paths as they tried to find their way back to God. This fascinating true story, told through journals and emails, will have you smiling from start to finish and shedding a few tears along the way. Engaging and entertaining, it’s the perfect reminder of the power of love, redemption, and hope.

My review: I love the cover of this book! The red, white and black theme just kind of speaks to me I guess. I also really enjoyed reading this book. I don't think I've ever read or even really heard a story quite like this one. Duane and Selena Pannell's story starts with them living on opposite sides of the North American continent, and not having any idea the other exists somewhere. Then a chance setting up of accounts on LDSsingles.com eventually brings them together as friends and eventually more...

This book is written from the old journals and emails that this couple were sending back and forth to each other through LDSsingles.com. I loved the way that you see the story through both of their point of views. I thought that both of them had an amazing voice and point of view as to just what was happening to them and what had happened to them before they "met."  As I was reading it, I kept thinking that there really aren't coincidences in this life, I think Heavenly Father has more of a hand in our lives than we realize as we are living it. If you want to read a cute, clean, fun true love story, this is the book for you!

I was sent an e-copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

About the authors: Duane and Selena Pannell “met” online while living in Virginia and Alberta, Canada.  After a complicated long-distance relationship spanning four years, they married and have a son together. Their first book is borne of yet another separation in their lives when Selena was in Alberta for several months in 2013 with her dying father.

Duane was going through their old correspondence because he is a “mushy man” and thought this was a story worth telling.  After some coaxing, he convinced Selena, and with a little help from googledocs, they began their collaboration on “3,000 Miles To Eternity.”

Today they serve as missionary group leaders in the LDS (Mormon) Addiction Recovery Program where they lead two 12 Step meetings a week.  Duane is putting the final touches on a manuscript addressing addiction recovery while Selena homeschools their son and teaches archery in her spare time.

Comments

  1. Hallo, Hallo! :)

    I'm swinging by through the blog route! :) I spoke about the wicked sweet typography and layout of the book, too! I love the bold colour choices and how everything about the layout felt intrinsically personal and reflective of a personal diary! Nice to know another reader felt the same joy!

    I definitely agree with you about serendipity and the ways in which God allows us to meet those who are meant to be in our life. It is a blessing to know that He is watching over us each step of the way, guiding us and ushering us towards people who will not only accept us but find a way to hone in on what we need at the time in which a listening ear can go a long way towards a healing heart and mind!

    Happy to have found your review! I hope we share other books in common so I can return again! I think I spied The Haunting of Springett Hall on your archive list over there in the sidebar! How nice! It's the book I'm currently reading and will be posting my thoughts about on the morrow! Definitely will come back to see what you thought about this ghost story!

    Nice meeting a fellow book blogger for Cedar Fort, have a lovely evening!

    Drop by: Jorie's Review

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts

Deseret Bookshelf Plus Review

I'm super excited to be able to tell you about Deseret Bookshelf's newest feature, Plus. I actually first heard about plus coming six months ago at Deseret Book's ladies night. I thought it sounded pretty great and now that I've tried it, I think it's even better than it sounded. It's basically a subscription that you add on top of the Deseret Bookshelf App. If you have Deseret Book's Platinum membership, you pay only $6.99 a month or $69 a year. If you don't it's $9.99 a month or $99 a year. Either way that's a really good deal for what you are going to be getting.

Here's the deal. With plus, you get to listen to all of their audiobooks...for FREE! Something I noticed on this is that you get to listen to even the newest books that are just barely in the store for FREE. I love this! Who has the time to run to the store to grab the book the very day it comes out? Not me, I'm too busy chasing kids around to do that!

Not to mention - have you…

Favorite Friday - Book Launch for Piper Pepper The Garden Sprite

I like to go to book launch parties! It's really fun to be able to meet the author of a book you've enjoyed reading and be able to talk to them just a little bit. I've had a ton of fun doing that. And I've met some really AMAZING people too! 

And I also like children's books, so I'm really excited to tell you about, not only a launch party coming up in Lehi next week, but about the book that will be launching.


About the book: Meet Piper and her three toad brothers in this first book of the series as they hop and fly around Piper's Garden. Piper loves her garden, with its petunias, violets and bell peppers. What Piper has a hard time with is her three toad brothers. They set traps, eat her food and race past her and through her garden. Will Piper be able to put that all aside when her brothers need her help? Piper Pepper the Garden Sprite is set in beautiful Alberta, Canada. With the Rockies and vast prairies as the backdrop, Piper helps us to see the sometime…

SeaQuest Aquarium Giveaway

For this week's Friday Favorite (I know...it's only Wednesday!) I want to tell you about something new that I got to try out just last week. It's the SeaQuest Aquarium located in the Layton Hills Mall in Layton. 




This is a pretty new thing, it actually just opened in November. It's new, it's beautiful and there really is nothing like it located in Davis County. And actually, the way that it's been set up there isn't a whole lot like it out there. You see, it's not just an aquarium, it's really an interactive experience. There are only a few exhibits in the whole aquarium that have animals in them that you can't/shouldn't interact with. Those exhibits have high walls on them so you really can't interact with them anyway. Everything else has low walls. You can touch, feed, examine pretty much anything you see here. That makes it so much more than an aquarium.

I love the way it's set up in areas. Each of the rooms has a different and fun …