Skip to main content

Meet Your Match

About the book: Sixteen-year-old Brooke Pierce doesn’t need her mom to tell her all boys are trouble. After watching her dad break up the family for a woman half his age, dating is the last thing on her mind. 

On the first day at a new high school, Brooke meets Luke, the school flirt with a reputation for heartbreak. He’s interested. She’s not. That only makes him chase her more. After a shocking revelation from her dad, Brooke and Luke form an unexpected bond, complete with crazy rules to keep them safely in the friend zone. Problem is, that’s the worst place to be when you’re falling in love.

My review: I really felt bad for Brooke in this book. Not only is her family torn apart by Brooke's dad's infidelity, but she had to move from her home and change schools when she is in high school. All those things are hard during those awkward teenage years when friends are more important than almost everything. I liked Brooke, she was trying her hardest to be herself, not worrying about fitting in for most of the book. I liked that she was trying to avoid even going on dates, and it was really fun how she kept trying to avoid Luke specifically. Not that I could blame her, her first impression of him was that he was a major player. 

I liked Luke too, I liked that we saw his point of view too, so we know that he wasn't a player the way his friend made him out to be. I liked the way that he gave Brooke her space, even though he really cared for her, and tried to just be friends the way she wanted. 

The plot was cute, but I hadn't realized that this was a novella, so I was sad when I got to the end and Brooke's adventures were over. I'll have to make sure to grab more of this series, it's really cute!

I bought this book from Amazon.

Comments

Popular posts

Deseret Bookshelf Plus Review

I'm super excited to be able to tell you about Deseret Bookshelf's newest feature, Plus. I actually first heard about plus coming six months ago at Deseret Book's ladies night. I thought it sounded pretty great and now that I've tried it, I think it's even better than it sounded. It's basically a subscription that you add on top of the Deseret Bookshelf App. If you have Deseret Book's Platinum membership, you pay only $6.99 a month or $69 a year. If you don't it's $9.99 a month or $99 a year. Either way that's a really good deal for what you are going to be getting.

Here's the deal. With plus, you get to listen to all of their audiobooks...for FREE! Something I noticed on this is that you get to listen to even the newest books that are just barely in the store for FREE. I love this! Who has the time to run to the store to grab the book the very day it comes out? Not me, I'm too busy chasing kids around to do that!

Not to mention - have you…

Favorite Friday - Book Launch for Piper Pepper The Garden Sprite

I like to go to book launch parties! It's really fun to be able to meet the author of a book you've enjoyed reading and be able to talk to them just a little bit. I've had a ton of fun doing that. And I've met some really AMAZING people too! 

And I also like children's books, so I'm really excited to tell you about, not only a launch party coming up in Lehi next week, but about the book that will be launching.


About the book: Meet Piper and her three toad brothers in this first book of the series as they hop and fly around Piper's Garden. Piper loves her garden, with its petunias, violets and bell peppers. What Piper has a hard time with is her three toad brothers. They set traps, eat her food and race past her and through her garden. Will Piper be able to put that all aside when her brothers need her help? Piper Pepper the Garden Sprite is set in beautiful Alberta, Canada. With the Rockies and vast prairies as the backdrop, Piper helps us to see the sometime…

SeaQuest Aquarium Giveaway

For this week's Friday Favorite (I know...it's only Wednesday!) I want to tell you about something new that I got to try out just last week. It's the SeaQuest Aquarium located in the Layton Hills Mall in Layton. 




This is a pretty new thing, it actually just opened in November. It's new, it's beautiful and there really is nothing like it located in Davis County. And actually, the way that it's been set up there isn't a whole lot like it out there. You see, it's not just an aquarium, it's really an interactive experience. There are only a few exhibits in the whole aquarium that have animals in them that you can't/shouldn't interact with. Those exhibits have high walls on them so you really can't interact with them anyway. Everything else has low walls. You can touch, feed, examine pretty much anything you see here. That makes it so much more than an aquarium.

I love the way it's set up in areas. Each of the rooms has a different and fun …