Skip to main content

Blog Tour - Men of Covenant

About the book: We are a covenant-making people, but do we fully appreciate the power of the promises contained in just the twelve short verses of the oath and covenant of the priesthood?

In Men of Covenant, companion to Men of Valor and Men of Influence, author Robert L. Millet invites us to explore such questions as these:

What are the terms and conditions of the oath and covenant of the priesthood?

What would my life be like if I were more focused on my covenants?

How could my more covenant-focused life affect my family and others for whom I have responsibility?

As we consider the promises Melchizedek Priesthood holders make to God and His irrevocable promise to faithful priesthood holders, we discover the glorious blessings He makes available to us all, both men and women.

My review: This book is a truly great resource for anyone trying to understand the priesthood and the covenants involved. I liked the way that Robert L Millett put this book together. He's written each chapter to tell us both what we promise to Heavenly Father and what He promises to us. I loved that at the end of each chapter there is a list of points to ponder. Each of them is a question to get the reader thinking about the things discussed in the chapter, and to allow them the chance to get their own testimony about the things covered in the chapter through the Holy Ghost. This book is important for all of us, both men and women to read and ponder.

I was sent a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

About the author: Robert L. Milett, Coordinator of Religious Outreach and former dean of Religious Education at Brigham Young University, is a professor emeritus of ancient scripture. After receiving bachelor's and master's degrees from BYU in psychology, he earned a PhD from Florida State University in religious studies. Brother Millet is a beloved speaker and the author of numerous books. He and his wife, Shauna, are the parents of six children.

Comments

Popular posts

Deseret Bookshelf Plus Review

I'm super excited to be able to tell you about Deseret Bookshelf's newest feature, Plus. I actually first heard about plus coming six months ago at Deseret Book's ladies night. I thought it sounded pretty great and now that I've tried it, I think it's even better than it sounded. It's basically a subscription that you add on top of the Deseret Bookshelf App. If you have Deseret Book's Platinum membership, you pay only $6.99 a month or $69 a year. If you don't it's $9.99 a month or $99 a year. Either way that's a really good deal for what you are going to be getting.

Here's the deal. With plus, you get to listen to all of their audiobooks...for FREE! Something I noticed on this is that you get to listen to even the newest books that are just barely in the store for FREE. I love this! Who has the time to run to the store to grab the book the very day it comes out? Not me, I'm too busy chasing kids around to do that!

Not to mention - have you…

Favorite Friday - Book Launch for Piper Pepper The Garden Sprite

I like to go to book launch parties! It's really fun to be able to meet the author of a book you've enjoyed reading and be able to talk to them just a little bit. I've had a ton of fun doing that. And I've met some really AMAZING people too! 

And I also like children's books, so I'm really excited to tell you about, not only a launch party coming up in Lehi next week, but about the book that will be launching.


About the book: Meet Piper and her three toad brothers in this first book of the series as they hop and fly around Piper's Garden. Piper loves her garden, with its petunias, violets and bell peppers. What Piper has a hard time with is her three toad brothers. They set traps, eat her food and race past her and through her garden. Will Piper be able to put that all aside when her brothers need her help? Piper Pepper the Garden Sprite is set in beautiful Alberta, Canada. With the Rockies and vast prairies as the backdrop, Piper helps us to see the sometime…

SeaQuest Aquarium Giveaway

For this week's Friday Favorite (I know...it's only Wednesday!) I want to tell you about something new that I got to try out just last week. It's the SeaQuest Aquarium located in the Layton Hills Mall in Layton. 




This is a pretty new thing, it actually just opened in November. It's new, it's beautiful and there really is nothing like it located in Davis County. And actually, the way that it's been set up there isn't a whole lot like it out there. You see, it's not just an aquarium, it's really an interactive experience. There are only a few exhibits in the whole aquarium that have animals in them that you can't/shouldn't interact with. Those exhibits have high walls on them so you really can't interact with them anyway. Everything else has low walls. You can touch, feed, examine pretty much anything you see here. That makes it so much more than an aquarium.

I love the way it's set up in areas. Each of the rooms has a different and fun …