Walking on Water

Alan Christoffersen's walk across the country is just about finished. He's just got to walk across Florida, but he needs to stop and take some time to be with his father who just had a heart attack. Alan knows that mortality can take anyone of us at any time, but he's not ready for his father to die. His dad has always just seemed immortal. Alan is grateful for the time he gets to spend with his dad, he's even more grateful for the family history that his dad has put together, there will be stories that he's heard in the family history, but there are also some surprises. And just what is Alan planning to do when he finally finishes the walk that he began so long ago?

I really enjoyed this series, I'm so sad to see it end. I love when there are characters from books that almost seem to live on in your mind, Alan for me will always be one of those characters, I've laughed with him, I've cried with him, I've been scared for him when he's in a scary situation. This is an amazing series about a man who loses it all and has to re-learn to live on his own, it's also about the same man finding himself over and over again. This is a fitting conclusion to a great series.

I was able to borrow this book from my local library.

Labels: , ,