Perfect Lies

About the book: Annie and Fia are ready to fight back.

The sisters have been manipulated and controlled by the Keane Foundation for years, trapped in a never ending battle for survival. Now they have found allies who can help them truly escape. After faking her own death, Annie has joined a group that is plotting to destroy the Foundation. And Fia is working with James Keane to bring his father down from the inside.

But Annie's visions of the future can't show her who to trust in the present. And though James is Fia's first love, Fia knows he's hiding something. The sisters can rely only on each other - but that may not be enough to save them.

My review: I have to start by saying I really love Kiersten White's writing style. Her characters are really well done, I love how it makes you care about them. In this book you shift from Annie's perspective to Fia's and back again. This part works really well. But then you are also shifting time periods which is clearly marked at the beginning of each chapter, but this part was a bit confusing, I was never sure just when things were taking place or how it was all going to fit together. Near the end the perspectives start to align and the story makes more sense and you understand just what the author was doing and why. I really did enjoy this book, you won't want to put it down until the very last word!

I was able to borrow a copy of this book from my local library.

Labels: ,