Skip to main content

The Skeleton in My Closet Wears a Wedding Dress

About the Book: Beautiful, young Sophia Davis is confident that her decision to marry Travis will lead her to eternal bliss—but when her new husband abruptly files for divorce, she is completely blindsided. With the whole world falling apart, what's a nineteen-year-old divorcee to do?

The answer for Sophia is simple: she picks up the pieces of her shattered heart and returns to BYU.

Hoping for a clean slate, she embarks on her freshman year—again. But this time, Sophia has a skeleton in her closet, and she'll go to any length to protect her secret. As she reluctantly navigates a world populated by newly returned missionaries, sweet Suzie Homemakers, and serious students, she find herself turning more and more to her home teacher Luke. As their friendship blossoms, will Sophia allow herself to trust again in the hope of a true happy ending?

My Review: Sophia is a 19 year-old co-ed at BYU. She seems to be just like everyone else, but Sophia has a secret. Sophia was a freshman last year, just like she is this year, but last year she got married and this year she is divorced. One morning her husband, Travis, just decided that he was done with marriage and wanted a divorce. Sophia is trying to move on with her life by going to her ward, her classes and counseling sessions, but it's just so hard. Most days she wants to just stay in her bed and be left alone. How does a young girl who has been married and moved on with her life go back to being single, and how does she keep her marriage a secret from her perfect roommates? One way is to spend a really long time in the laundry room with her laundry and her home teacher, Luke. He soon becomes a good friend and confidant. But is Sophia ready to move on with her life and try again with someone new?

I really enjoyed this book! I felt as though I were at BYU with Sophia and all of her crazy roommates. It really brought my college experience back to my mind. I thought that the plot of the book with Sophia trying to keep her marriage and past a secret was really original. I was kind of surprised with some of the twists and turns in the plot, I was blindsided by what happens with her ex Travis. I really enjoyed the ending and the way that Sophia was able to realize that she was okay as she was and really be able to move on with her life. You won't want to miss this cute, fun book!

I was sent an e-copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Comments

  1. Sounds like a cute book! I really like the cover. I'll have to add it to my tbr list.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts

Deseret Bookshelf Plus Review

I'm super excited to be able to tell you about Deseret Bookshelf's newest feature, Plus. I actually first heard about plus coming six months ago at Deseret Book's ladies night. I thought it sounded pretty great and now that I've tried it, I think it's even better than it sounded. It's basically a subscription that you add on top of the Deseret Bookshelf App. If you have Deseret Book's Platinum membership, you pay only $6.99 a month or $69 a year. If you don't it's $9.99 a month or $99 a year. Either way that's a really good deal for what you are going to be getting.

Here's the deal. With plus, you get to listen to all of their audiobooks...for FREE! Something I noticed on this is that you get to listen to even the newest books that are just barely in the store for FREE. I love this! Who has the time to run to the store to grab the book the very day it comes out? Not me, I'm too busy chasing kids around to do that!

Not to mention - have you…

Favorite Friday - Book Launch for Piper Pepper The Garden Sprite

I like to go to book launch parties! It's really fun to be able to meet the author of a book you've enjoyed reading and be able to talk to them just a little bit. I've had a ton of fun doing that. And I've met some really AMAZING people too! 

And I also like children's books, so I'm really excited to tell you about, not only a launch party coming up in Lehi next week, but about the book that will be launching.


About the book: Meet Piper and her three toad brothers in this first book of the series as they hop and fly around Piper's Garden. Piper loves her garden, with its petunias, violets and bell peppers. What Piper has a hard time with is her three toad brothers. They set traps, eat her food and race past her and through her garden. Will Piper be able to put that all aside when her brothers need her help? Piper Pepper the Garden Sprite is set in beautiful Alberta, Canada. With the Rockies and vast prairies as the backdrop, Piper helps us to see the sometime…

SeaQuest Aquarium Giveaway

For this week's Friday Favorite (I know...it's only Wednesday!) I want to tell you about something new that I got to try out just last week. It's the SeaQuest Aquarium located in the Layton Hills Mall in Layton. 




This is a pretty new thing, it actually just opened in November. It's new, it's beautiful and there really is nothing like it located in Davis County. And actually, the way that it's been set up there isn't a whole lot like it out there. You see, it's not just an aquarium, it's really an interactive experience. There are only a few exhibits in the whole aquarium that have animals in them that you can't/shouldn't interact with. Those exhibits have high walls on them so you really can't interact with them anyway. Everything else has low walls. You can touch, feed, examine pretty much anything you see here. That makes it so much more than an aquarium.

I love the way it's set up in areas. Each of the rooms has a different and fun …