Waterfall

Gabi and Lia Betarrini are used to being dragged around to dusty archaeological sites by their parents. So, it's no surprise that their mom has drug them to another one in Italy over the summer. It is a surprise when they are able to sneak into one of the ancient grave sites and place their hands on a perfectly fitting handprint. And what happens next is even more of a surprise, Gabi finds herself alone and in the tomb, but she's no longer in her own time period. The Italian castles around the site are no longer ruins, but castles where rival families live, and the space between is still an ancient burial ground where the knights belonging to those families come to fight out their differences. When she's found by one of those families, all Gabi can think about is finding Lia and getting both of them back to their own time and their mom. But it will be much more difficult than she thinks, and can she keep from falling in love with the dashing knights?

This book was great! I love that it is a clean, young adult read. I enjoyed the story line, I would have never thought to have the characters go back in time the way they did. I enjoyed the characters, I especially thought that Gabi seemed like a real person, and I enjoyed the way she was able to interact with the ancient characters without giving away that she is from the future. There was plenty of action and adventure in this story too! I can't wait to read the next book in this awesome series! 

I was able to borrow this book from my local library.

Labels: , ,