Cascade

Gabi and Lia have just gotten back from 14th century Italy, but for Gabi at least, she knows she must go back right away. She must convince Lia and her mother, in order to keep their family together to go back as well. Gabi knows that Marcello is waiting for her and she can't bear to leave him waiting and wondering any longer than she must. But things have changed drastically when they return to medieval Italy. The whole country is at war, and all over the two Betarrini sisters. The whole countryside is in danger but Gabi, Lia and their mother most of all. The Florentines will stop at nothing to capture the three and use them to take down Marcello and all of his household. The sisters must make sure that doesn't happen. They also must make sure to steer clear of the plague, as in the Bubonic Plague. It will take all of their memories and knowledge of modern medicine to beat it. The girls are happy in the past with Marcello and Luca, but what of their future lives? Will they choose love or modern comforts?

I am really loving this series! This is the second book in the series, make sure to read Waterfall first! I love that this is a clean YA series. It's packed with action and adventure and real heroines trying to make their way in the man's world that is 14th century Italy. I love that the girls are able to defend themselves with knives and arrows as well as any man. I love that they are able to think on their feet in order to be able to outwit their pursuers. I really have been enjoying the romantic part of the plot as well. This was a book that I didn't want to put down and I can't wait to read the next installment, Torrent!

I was able to borrow this book from my local library. 

Labels: , ,