Has Hollywood Lost it's Mind?

Have you ever been surprised that some movies are rated PG-13 and some that seem to have the same level of PG-13 material are rated R? Sometimes that happens and this book by Chris Hicks is here to tell you what may have happened. In this book he talks about the history of the movie rating system, the ratings themselves, how movies are rated and by whom and he even gives some movie suggestions for families. I really enjoyed reading this book, there was a lot of new information in here. For our family, we don't watch R rated movies, and there are actually very few PG-13 movies we've seen, especially lately. I also liked that he talks about some of the movies that are already out that a lot of people have probably already seen and tells you what is in them, I was kind of surprised about some of the content of some of the movies we already own. Chris Hicks is one of my favorites, I'm able to read his weekly column in our newspaper, The Deseret News, and his personality and love of old movies always shines through. You don't want to miss this informative book!

I was able to borrow this book from my local library.

Labels: ,