Finding June

June Laurie is just your typical LDS 16 year old girl. Her best friend is Joseph and they both love to act, June's been in commercials and high school plays and things, but she's about to get her first big break. It seems that the popular crime drama, Forensic Faculty, has seen June's picture and want her for a recurring role. June is thrilled, it's her favorite show and she'll get to play opposite the heartthrob Luke Leighton, every girl she knows will be so jealous. But Joseph, not so much, he's excited for June, but every time Luke's name is brought up, he becomes kind of quiet. Hollywood life moves really quickly for June, it's a world full of paparazzi, fans, and never really knowing who your friends are. Luckily, she still has her best friend Joseph to keep her grounded, but for how long?

I really enjoyed reading this book. I thought that June and Joseph were likable characters, who could go to pretty much any high school in the US. I liked the plot, I've never really thought about what would happen if the quintessential girl next door landed a role on a popular show. I liked the way that June was given choices as to how she would act in certain real life situations. I liked that she was able to find herself and her voice and be able to stand up for what she believed in. She has to make some hard choices, choices that she knows are going to cost her personally for things, but I like how she believes that she is worth more and is able to make the right choices. This book is a clean, fun read and I can't wait to read more of June's adventures! 

I was sent an e-copy of this book, no other compensation was given. 

Labels: ,