Skip to main content

Pocket Full of Posies

Bart Gutierrez is working as an officer in the Hartford police department. One morning he's helping on a raid to get the number two man in the Castillo drug cartel. During the briefing it's mentioned that the man is inside a warehouse building and that with him is their PR representative Lucy Aguayo. He's really surprised because he and Lucy grew up together in Texas, if this is the same Lucy. Things go wrong and the man finds the group of police officers, FBI, etc and threatens to kill Lucy. When there is a gun fired Bart and the rest of the officers fear the worst. What they find is Lucy, injured but well and the number 2 man shot by Lucy's hand. What Bart and the others don't know is that Lucy is an undercover FBI agent trying to bring down the Castillo cartel to revenge her father's murder. What Lucy doesn't know is that Bart is Nico Castillo's long lost son and he will do anything to get him back. The FBI learns of this and decides to use Bart as a decoy. This makes things harder for Lucy, because she's always worked alone and she has always had feelings for Bart. Will she be able to concentrate on her own job and keep herself alive, or will her feelings for Bart get them both killed?

This was a fun book. I really enjoyed the characters, I thought the plot was well written. I loved how there was danger around every corner for both Bart and Lucy. I loved how they were able to learn to work together to save those around them that they both loved. This is the third book of the Hostage Negotiation Team series, but I really like that it doesn't matter what order you read them in, they stand alone just fine.

I was sent an e-copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Comments

  1. I'm so glad you liked it! Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was one of my favorite books from Julie. Great review!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts

Deseret Bookshelf Plus Review

I'm super excited to be able to tell you about Deseret Bookshelf's newest feature, Plus. I actually first heard about plus coming six months ago at Deseret Book's ladies night. I thought it sounded pretty great and now that I've tried it, I think it's even better than it sounded. It's basically a subscription that you add on top of the Deseret Bookshelf App. If you have Deseret Book's Platinum membership, you pay only $6.99 a month or $69 a year. If you don't it's $9.99 a month or $99 a year. Either way that's a really good deal for what you are going to be getting.

Here's the deal. With plus, you get to listen to all of their audiobooks...for FREE! Something I noticed on this is that you get to listen to even the newest books that are just barely in the store for FREE. I love this! Who has the time to run to the store to grab the book the very day it comes out? Not me, I'm too busy chasing kids around to do that!

Not to mention - have you…

Favorite Friday - Book Launch for Piper Pepper The Garden Sprite

I like to go to book launch parties! It's really fun to be able to meet the author of a book you've enjoyed reading and be able to talk to them just a little bit. I've had a ton of fun doing that. And I've met some really AMAZING people too! 

And I also like children's books, so I'm really excited to tell you about, not only a launch party coming up in Lehi next week, but about the book that will be launching.


About the book: Meet Piper and her three toad brothers in this first book of the series as they hop and fly around Piper's Garden. Piper loves her garden, with its petunias, violets and bell peppers. What Piper has a hard time with is her three toad brothers. They set traps, eat her food and race past her and through her garden. Will Piper be able to put that all aside when her brothers need her help? Piper Pepper the Garden Sprite is set in beautiful Alberta, Canada. With the Rockies and vast prairies as the backdrop, Piper helps us to see the sometime…

SeaQuest Aquarium Giveaway

For this week's Friday Favorite (I know...it's only Wednesday!) I want to tell you about something new that I got to try out just last week. It's the SeaQuest Aquarium located in the Layton Hills Mall in Layton. 




This is a pretty new thing, it actually just opened in November. It's new, it's beautiful and there really is nothing like it located in Davis County. And actually, the way that it's been set up there isn't a whole lot like it out there. You see, it's not just an aquarium, it's really an interactive experience. There are only a few exhibits in the whole aquarium that have animals in them that you can't/shouldn't interact with. Those exhibits have high walls on them so you really can't interact with them anyway. Everything else has low walls. You can touch, feed, examine pretty much anything you see here. That makes it so much more than an aquarium.

I love the way it's set up in areas. Each of the rooms has a different and fun …