Revenge of the Girl with the Great Personality

Lexi is a great girl. She's friends with everyone. But her life isn't as great as it seems to be. Her younger sister Mackenzie or Mac is 7 and constantly in beauty pageants. Her family is broken, her father left and her mom lost it and started entering the beautiful Mac into pageants. Unfortunately, the pageants are taking all of their money and Mackenzie has turned into a brat, even going so far as to tell Lexi that she's ugly. Lexi is not ugly, but rarely has time between pageants, her job and school to do anything at all for herself. She's even overheard her high school crush and good friend telling another boy that she has a "great personality", which of course means that she's not pretty. Lexi is fed up and decides with some persuasion from her friend Benny, that it's time to Glam Up, thinking that will make her life wonderful. But that's not quite what happens and Lexi is able to learn a valuable lesson about the beauty on the inside of people. But will she be able to learn her lesson, or will she have to keep repeating the same mistakes over and over?

I really liked the plot of this book. I liked Lexi, and I liked how, especially at first she was able to be in the pageant world but not really a part of it. I liked her friends, I liked the way that the school felt how high school did. I am a very conservative person so there was some language and a few other themes in this book that I didn't like and wasn't sure were really appropriate. 

I borrowed this book from my local library.

Labels: ,