Mind Games

Sofia (Fia) and her blind sister Annie both have extraordinary talents. Fia has perfect instincts, she always knows just what to do. Annie is able to see the future, mostly Fia's future. They were both recruited by a school for girls with talents like theirs, but what they didn't know was that the school was a training ground to exploit the talents of the girls, not train them. Now both Annie's and Fia's loyalties are kept for the school's good by threatening the life of the other sister. Fia has been sent to kill a man, and she doesn't know why, she does know that Annie will die if she doesn't. When the man shows kindness to a lost puppy, Fia knows that she can't kill the man, Adam, she knows that Annie will die, but only if she can't find a way to fool the man that sent her to kill Adam. She knows that as long as none of the seers can see her plans to save Adam, Annie will be safe. What she can't know however is just who really ordered Adam's death and when she finds out, it will tear her apart.

When I finished reading this book my first thought was "Wow!" This is not a plot that you see every day. The plot is full of action, adventure, traitors, and sisterly love. I really liked the characters too. Annie and Fia both feel like real people, caught in a real situation. And the ending.... I was pretty shocked about the way the book ended, I'm not going to ruin it for you though! I'm so excited that this is going to be a series, I can't wait to read more books about Fia and Annie.

I borrowed this book from my local library.

Labels: ,