The Guy Next Door

29 year old Eva's life is just about perfect. She loves teaching Kindergarten in small town Ephraim, Utah. She loves that she can live close to her sister's family, all the family she has left since her parents died. And she really loves that she is engaged to Sean Langley. What's not to love?? Just the little things, things like Sean picking out her clothes, their wedding china without her, and his creepy friend Neil. Still things are good for Eva, she even gets a new niece, Melody. But when a tragic accident takes both Eva's sister and her husband, leaving Melody with Eva, things take a turn for the worse. Eva knows without a doubt she needs to be Melody's mother, but Sean refuses to have anything to do with the baby, leaving Eva uncertain where they stand and if they are even ever going to get married. Eva takes the chance to lean on her kind, caring next-door neighbor Peter and knows she could have feelings for him, but there's a great deal of mystery about him. How will Eva ever choose which way she should go?

I really enjoyed this book! I didn't want to put it down. I loved Eva's character, and Peter. I loved how real they seemed. Sean was really a jerk, but that author did a great job of showing it. I really enjoyed the plot for the most part, but the tension at the end kind of seemed rushed. I really hope that there are more books about Eva and Peter so that I can know what happens to them!

I was able to borrow this book from my local library.

Labels: ,