365 Days of Slow-Cooking

One day a few years ago, Karen Petersen made a goal for herself. She wondered if she could cook a whole year using her slow-cooker (Crockpot) and she decided to blog about it. This book has her favorite recipes from that year along with some newer favorites. I've been looking forward to reading this book for a while now. It was pretty neat to watch Karen's experiment unfold online, you see, Karen was my neighbor as she was doing the 365 day thing and also as she was putting together this cookbook. I've watched her go from not really knowing what to do with her recipes to an amazing woman, who knows how to cook so many different and crazy things in the slow-cooker. Things like desserts and breads that I never would have imagined could be cooked in the slow cooker, Karen is able to do with ease and with this cookbook, so can you! I love the way this is laid out, there's a section for any kind of food you can imagine, and I really like the way Karen's personal favorites and really quick prep recipes are starred, so you can find them easily. I love how Karen shares tips in the beginning, things like cleaning your slow-cooker, how to tell if it's too hot, and what to do if it's too hot. Thanks for the inspiration Karen, I resolve to use my slow-cooker more often!

Labels: ,