Betsy and Tacy Go Downtown

Betsy, Tacy and Tib are 12 years old now and quite grown-up. They are even allowed to go downtown...all by themselves. They are way excited, they know that when they go downtown they will get to see and do all kinds of things, things like seeing their very first horseless carriage, the public library and even a play at the opera house. They even are able to make a new friend, Winona Root. And along the way, they learn a few important life lessons too. Things like what books are appropriate for a twelve year old girl to read, how to help a lonely person, and how to make a new friend.

I really enjoy this series. I love how these books were written a long time ago, but they still can have application in the lives of our children now. I love Betsy, Tacy and Tib, their characters are one of a kind, and I love how you can feel as though you really know them.

I borrowed this book from my local library.

Labels: , ,