Women of Faith in the Latter Days: Volume One, 1775-1820

This book is a collection of stories about women who were pretty amazing! These women all have at least one thing in common, they were all faithful women of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (Mormons). There are small biographies and life stories of 35 women in this book, each written by a different author. Women such as Emma Smith, Amanda Barnes Smith, Patty Sessions, Eliza R Snow, and many more. There are quite a few women in this book that I have heard of, but still quite a lot that I never have heard of. As I've been reading this book, I have been truly amazed at the depth of their faith through their seriously trying circumstances. I love that they've tried to include an actual photo of every woman. I love that they are planning to do 7 volumes and include women of faith born up through 1970. That's quite an ambitious project. I think there is a lot of things we can learn from these amazing women, I truly hope that I am smart enough to learn from them myself!

I borrowed this book from my local library. 

Labels: