Let It Go

On the night of February 9, 2007 Chris Williams was driving home with his wife, Michelle, his sons Sam and Ben and daughter Anna, when he was hit by a drunk driver. The accident killed Michelle, Ben and Anna instantly along with their unborn baby. As he was looking at the three members of his family that he instinctively knew were dead, Chris heard a voice "that was clearly not my own in my mind as clearly as if it had come from someone seated next to me. It was straightforward and filled with power, and the voice said, "Let it go!" Thus begins his journey through the grief and pain of this tragedy. Thus also begins his forgiveness of the young man who caused this tragedy for his family.

I really enjoyed reading this book. It's well-written. I enjoyed reading about how Chris was able to forgive the young man and move on with his life with only half of his family remaining. I loved how he talked about how he felt the Savior's love for himself, his family and also for the drunk driver that hit his car and also for the young man's family. This book is an inspiring read, it's also one that can be read fairly quickly, it's only about 150 pages long. I highly recommend reading it!

Labels: ,