Marian's Christmas Wish

Marian Wynswich is determined to have a wonderful Christmas, because they pretty much missed Christmas the year before. Her father died unexpectedly on Christmas Eve the year before and the whole family was plunged into mourning. Unfortunately, Marian's older brother Percy is coming home, which is wonderful, but he's bringing a wealthy man to have her older sister Ariadne marry, because with their father dead the Wynswich family is getting closer and closer to being destitute. Ariadne happens to be in love with the reverend of their church and Marian doesn't want to see her sister sold to a man that she doesn't nor will ever love. When Percy arrives, not only has he brought Ariadne's suitor, but he's also brought Lord Ingraham , who very soon becomes the 16 year-old Marian's confidant and co-conspirator in ridding the estate of Ariadne's suitor, so that the reverend and Ariadne can marry and be happy. Things don't always go as planned for Marian though, she gets herself into countless scrapes, and her brother Alistair doesn't help matters any. Can Marian, who has vowed for herself to never marry, learn to trust Lord Ingraham enough to make it through what's coming for them? I LOVED this story, it's set in England in the 1800's I would guess. The story was engaging and I loved the scrapes that Marian gets herself into. She was such a well developed character that I felt that I know her and exactly what she would do. I loved how she grew up in the story, at the beginning she was more juvenile than at the end. I have enjoyed reading all of Carla Kelly's books that I've read and will read more in the future!


Don't forget to check out the great giveaways going on now on my giveaway page!