Chitty Chitty Bang Bang

I have to admit that Chitty Chitty Bang Bang was one of my very favorite movies as a child. One day a few weeks ago, when I was at the library with my two kids, my older daughter came across this book. She wanted to read it because she also likes the movie, and I decided that I would also read it. The Pott family are a little unconventional. The father Caractacus is an inventor and adventurer. His children Jeremy and Jemima and his wife Mimsy, are also adventurers, and they enjoy the inventions that he makes. One of these inventions is a candy that can make flute noises as you are eating it. The family has previously been quite poor, but are able to sell the sweets and are given enough money to buy their first car. This isn't just any car, it's a famous race car, but it was in an accident and needs quite a lot of work. When Caractacus is finished, there are a good many of his newest inventions included, which will bring the family a lot of new adventures. I really enjoyed reading this book. It's only 150 pages, but the story is engaging. It's not exactly the same story as in the movie, but I thought the book was well worth reading. It was a quick read for me.


Don't forget to check out my giveaways page to enter the exciting giveaways going on right now!