Hereafter

I had a bit of a hard time really getting into this book, but when I did, I was amazed at how much I really did like it. Amelia is a ghost. She has the same nightmare over and over, the nightmare of the way she died in the river under High Bridge, but she doesn't remember how she got into the river or really anything about her human life, especially why she spends her afterlife wandering around in a fancy white dress. After her nightmare she wakes up in a cemetery, she assumes it's where she's buried, but she never stays long enough to look around and find out. One night she has the nightmare, or she thinks she has the nightmare, but there's one difference. She's not drowning this time, a boy is. She wishes there was a way to help him, but being a ghost, she can't really shove him back out of the water. She's forced to watch as his heart beats louder and louder, signalling his impending death, but as soon as he dies, his heart is able to restart itself. The consequence of his death seems to be that he's the only one alive that is able to see Amelia. As the paramedics are taking him away to the hospital, Amelia is able to learn his name, Joshua, and that is when Amelia falls in love with him. I really enjoyed the story line of this book, I thought it was original and the ending of the book answered all of my questions from the beginning. I did have a hard time getting into the story at the beginning and there was some language that I wasn't thrilled with. But all in all I liked this book!