Finding Faith

This is a book that my awesome Mother-In-Law said that I should read. She said that it was really good, and that it said on the back that if you like Nicholas Sparks, you'll like Denise Hunter. She was right on both counts. I already put the rest of the books that Denise Hunter's written on hold at the library, and I can't wait to read them! Paula is a television reporter, she and her husband David live in Jackson Hole, Wyoming, but Paula's been given the chance to work for a news station in Chicago. She and David aren't on the best of terms relationship wise right now, so it makes sense to Paula to go to Chicago to see if she thinks it will work for her. Little does she know that one of the very first stories that she'll be asked to work on will be at the very hospital where something traumatic happened to her. Unfortunately, we don't find out what that was until later in the book, and I don't want to ruin anything for anyone, so I'm not going to say what it was. But it is kind of the key to her relationship with her husband. Anyway, meanwhile, Linn, who is the biological mother of Paula's sisters adopted daughter (crazy relationship info!), is also in Boston going to school. She's not having a good week. She lost the job that she had lined up, she gets lost on her way back to her apartment, and then she finds out that her roommate has gotten into the dorm rooms and will be leaving her to pay the full rent amount. Will Linn be able to find a job and move on after the mistakes she's made in her life??!! I really enjoyed this book. I can't wait to read more!