The Wanderer

I used to enjoy reading books by Anita Stansfield, but the last few of her series just haven't been as enjoyable to me. I'm not sure why, maybe she's just being way too rushed when she's writing them. This one was okay for me. It's the story of Ian. He's run away from his home and family. The reason he ran away was that his best friend, Greer, was killed in a fire at a tavern and he was too drunk at the time to be able to help him get out. Ian was lucky that he was able to get himself out. He doesn't even remember how he got out. One day in his drunk stupor in London, he sees some street preachers with a large crowd around them. He decides to see what all the fuss is about. He hears the street preacher reading some sort of scripture that entices him to buy the book. It happens to be The Book of Mormon. I found this kind of interesting, because he decides right then to go home to his family in Scotland and doesn't really even read the book. He reads a bit on his trip home, but then he just dumps it into a drawer. He doesn't go home, but straight to his close friend, Wren's, house. He knows that she will take him in and take care of him, no matter what he looks like or what he's done. I felt like this story moved kind of slow. There were some twists and turns in the plot, but I felt that some of these were kind of strange. It didn't make me want to read any others very badly, but it was okay!