My Week

I really don't have a good excuse for not having written this week. It was kind of a crazy busy week, but also a very sad week for us. You see, my husbands awesome 88 year old grandmother died on Monday. We were able to go and visit her in the nursing home not two weeks ago, she hugged us, kissed us on both cheeks and extracted a promise that we visit her as soon as we could. Within six days the nursing home people said that she was on her way out. We chose not to let our 10 year-old and 5 year-old see her like that, at the very end of her life and not really making complete sense, because they had just seen her very much alive and well and we wanted them to remember her that way. Within 8 days of visiting her she was gone. Within a week and a half we've had her funeral and she's been buried. I feel that I've learned a lot this week, between teaching our kids what we believe happens to our body and our spirits afterwards, the very awesome funeral home's explanation to the kids about what happens to the body and spirit that also touched my heart and her beautiful funeral, I've learned that I do have a testimony of our gospel, sometimes I feel that I'm floundering. Sometimes it's just so hard, but I'm so grateful for the beautiful testimonies that were given to us yesterday at her funeral. At one point my husband leaned over and asked me, "How can you not believe after this?" He wasn't meaning me, but those in the family and the room that have kind of gone away from our church and don't believe the way that we do or that have never been baptized into our church. I'm not sure how people who don't believe in any afterlife at all get through funerals and death. I'm not sure that I'd be able to handle losing anyone if I didn't believe we'd all be reunited. A few weeks ago, I finished reading the Book of Mormon again, I just read for a few minutes (5 or 10) per day,so sometimes it takes a while to finish it. When I finished I felt that I should talk about this book on my blog, but I haven't been able to get up the courage or whatever to do it, not until Grandma died. Thank you Grandma for your beautiful testimony and for the strength that I was able to gain from you. I can't even tell you how many times I've read it, but if you haven't read it, I highly recommend it, through reading this book you can come to know about Heavenly Father's plan for his children, Jesus' atonement and sacrifice for us, and about the love that we can all have in our homes and families.